Coaches are confidential partners that help you meet your challenges in new ways. Leadership gaps or blind spots sometimes lead to burn out and hinder effective leadership. We help executives and leaders strengthen self-awareness, interpersonal skills, and business savvy. Our approach begins with building trust and learning about your background. The client sets the agenda in this partnership and is responsible for the outcomes. Using both empathy and strategy, our clients work through challenges to achieve sustainable results.
We can connect with you in person in the greater Boston area, or by phone or video call.
- Navigate organizational change
- Build confidence in times of ambiguity
- Strengthen interpersonal skills
- Lead a global team
- Build new relationships
- Network effectively
- Launch new products or services
- Lead without authority
- Transition into an organization
- Lead a cross-functional team
- Launch your own business
- Redefine how you measure success
- Burnout prevention and renewal
- Women’s leadership development
- Starting: Our first session will be spent getting to know you. You will share and answer many questions to provide a full picture of your work and life.
- Agreement on Purpose and Goals: We will define and confirm the exact shifts and changes you seek and what success looks like. You will be offered exercises to practice beginning your shift. We will discuss ways to hold yourself accountable in moving towards changes.
- Working Towards Goals, and Practicing: Each coaching session will start with you sharing your progress, challenges, successes, and insights that were gained. Continued support will be provided, and you will be offered additional ways to overcome challenges and stretch yourself.
- Closing of Coaching Program: During our last session, we will reflect on your progress. How do you feel coaching has gone? What are your next steps? Is there interest in extending coaching for new or different areas.
You will receive:
- A personalized coaching package tailored to your specific issue (including intended outcomes of our coaching program)
- Recommended practices and exercises to help create the desired change
- Private weekly or twice-monthly one-hour sessions, for a minimum of 6 sessions, to check on your progress, discuss new insights, and address any challenges
- E-mail or brief phone calls, as needed, during the coaching period
Limited slots available.
Assessment tools we use for coaching include:
Myers Briggs Type Indicator
Interpersonal Relations Orientation
What our coaching clients say:
“If you are looking for someone to be enthusiastic about your career or company personnel needs, look no further than Sarah Scala. Under her guidance, my goals were shaped with confidence. She helped me develop a stronger network and management skills. In addition to the professional direction she provides her clients, her active lifestyle is a reminder that it is possible to have great success, health and wellness.”
– Patrick Tierney, Civil Engineer, Michael Baker International, Boston, MA
“I enjoyed working with Sarah on my business and career coaching. Sarah truly listened and understood what I needed, and had flexibility to do adjustments. She helped me vastly on goal setting, utilizing resources, and negotiation skills. I highly recommend Sarah to anyone who is starting or accelerating a career, and wants to do it right. “
– Liwen Yang, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA