Clients who are going through a transition, whether a career change, job search, or moving out of an organization towards retirement, often need support with making this important shift.
Our approach helps define what you want in your career or next chapter. This may include working with you to refresh your personal brand with LinkedIn, strengthen your confidence to effectively build connections, or practice behavioral interviewing and salary negotiation. We have also helped clients successfully prepare for interviews for PhD or Grad school programs at top schools. We serve as your sounding board and accountability partner, share best practices, and support you in developing your strategies. The client sets the agenda in this partnership and is responsible for the outcomes. Using both empathy and strategy, our clients work through challenges to achieve sustainable results.
We can connect with you in person in the greater Boston area, by phone, or video call.
Career and Transition Coaching can help you:
- Land your dream job
- Increase self-awareness
- Promotion to a new role or company
- Redefine your role
- Build your personal branding
- Transition out of an organization
- Prepare to apply and interview
- Network effectively
- On-Board to your new position
- Build confidence
- Gain placement on a Board of Directors
- Discover what is next after retirement
- Launch your own business
- Redefine how you measure success
- Defining personal mission, vision, and values
You will receive:
- A personalized coaching package tailored to your specific issue (including intended outcomes of our coaching program)
- Recommended practices and exercises to help create the desired change
- Private weekly or twice-monthly one-hour sessions, for a minimum of 3 sessions, to check on your progress, discuss new insights and address any challenges
- E-mail or brief phone calls, as needed during the coaching period
Coaching costs are based on a series of packages focused on your situation, including organizational size and level. I’m happy to discuss pricing with you over the phone when we connect. I hold a limited number of slots for career coaching.
Assessment tools we use for Career coaching include:
“Sarah helped me develop a real recipe for success on the job hunt. Her guidance helped me improve my communication skills, focus my career goals, and develop a large professional network. Her coaching boosted my confidence in my technical abilities, communication and negotiating skills. Sarah’s insight helped me find a role I can thrive in today!”
– Curtis Serrano, Electrical Engineer, De-Ice, MIT Graduate, Cambridge, MA
“Sarah approaches her work as collaboration, and encourages you to work diligently to achieve your desired results. Every step of the process, she is clear, concise and gently diplomatic in her suggestions. With enthusiasm, intelligence, and perseverance, Sarah guided me expertly to achieve my desired results. I now have a much higher level of confidence in my professional profile.”
– James H., Entertainment Industry Leader, Los Angeles, CA
“Sarah, thanks so much for your help - I ended up getting accepted to Harvard and BU, and I am going to accept the offer from Harvard! The interviews themselves went well, and I was even able to feel somewhat relaxed. I'm really excited!”
- Emily V., Harvard PhD Candidate