Mental Health Organization Enhances Leadership Excellence
A Mental Health Care organization from New England was having a high level of turnover of behavioral health professionals. Areas of development for the client included: leadership development and learning around vulnerability at work for both clinical and administrative leaders, one-to-one coaching with clinical leaders, and custom courses in areas of self-awareness, effective communication, and change management. The Mental Health organization hired Sarah Scala Consulting for this 3-month project to support all of their leaders.
The Objectives of the Project:
1. Relationship and Skill Building for Management of Direct Reports
2. Increased Comfort with Vulnerability
3. Strengthening of Self-Awareness (Emotional Intelligence)
4. Increasing Skills for Managing Change
5. Strengthen how Managers Communicate with direct reports
Questions Guiding this Project:
What is the desired state of behavior needed to make this organizational change?
Why hasn’t the client made the organizational change already? What is holding them back?
If the world was perfect, what would the organization look and feel like?
Services Provided: Pre-program assessment- Leadership Behavior Analysis II® Self assessment for executive team, clinical leaders, and administrative leaders
Situational Leadership II® workshop for executive team, clinical leaders, and administrative leaders
5 follow-up e-mail messages to all participants to support the transference of learning in Situational Leadership II®
Executive coaching (one-on-one) for all clinical leaders
Self-awareness, effective communication, and change management 1-day workshop for all clinical leaders
1. Met with client and executive team to clarify needs and to determine fit
2. Designed programs for each group (executive team, clinical leaders, and administrative leaders)
3. Facilitated all designed workshops in person and on-site
4. Provided virtual executive coaching 1:1 to all clinical leaders
5. Provided post-program evaluations regarding each part of the intervention to executive team
Client leaders have an increased level of confidence in skill with developing their direct reports, giving feedback, increased self awareness, improved ability to manage change, and improved workplace communication
Post-program evaluation results (qualitative and quantitative) were strong
Organization is currently tracking the level of turnover and retention pre- and post-intervention