Strategic Climate Assessment for Large, Fortune 500, Private, Global Company
A US consulting firm hired Sarah Scala Consulting to partner with them to support their client in conducting a strategic climate assessment. Their client was an A-tier global Legal department of a large, private company. This study and findings aimed to gain insights on what it is like to work for and with the Legal department. In addition, the study included data from A-Tier global legal departments.
The objectives of the project:
- Gain data on the current state of the Legal department regarding their engagement, creativity, and management of change
- Design survey and interview tools
- Investigate how the Legal team’s structure compares to other A-Tier global legal departments
- Identify the best practices that distinguish the Legal department and make it highly effective
- Identify the cultural attributes that are prized within the Legal department and why they are prized
Questions Guiding this Project:
- What is the desired culture and climate of the Legal department?
- What barriers are present for completing the climate assessment? Schedules? Willingness? Fear?
- What is the desired format to share and present the results?
- Survey and assessment
- Custom designed guide and conducted interviews
- Created a detailed report and presentation materials on business climate
- Met with consulting firm to discuss their client (Legal department), the project details, desired results, and timeline.
- Designed Survey tool as a diagnostic tool completed by 67 participants.
- Designed interview guide and interviewed 33 global participants.
- Compiled, themed, and analyzed data using statistical analysis to identify insights and conclusions from complex data.
- Creation of report and presentation shared with Legal department in their off-site meeting.
- Legal department built awareness of the current climate and the best practices of A-tier global legal teams.
- From the data and report, during their off-site meeting, the Legal department built strategies to close gaps and support strengths that were found in the survey and interview data.