Specializing in leadership development, we provide custom, facilitated development programs and interventions for C-suite, executive, front-line, mid-level, global, and emerging leaders. Our programs are built to fit your schedule and timeline. This gives us the ability to be flexible for your organizational needs, culture, and budget.
We use an experiential approach to leadership development, having found that people learn best when given the opportunity to practice skills in a safe environment, while receiving real-time feedback. These experiences can take place in a variety of venues including your company meeting rooms, conference centers, the outdoors, and unique locations of your choice. Contact us to plan the development of your leaders.
In addition to custom leadership programs, we provide Situational Leadership® II workshops, assessment workshops, and executive coaching.
Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) is the most widely taught leadership model in the world. SLII creates a shared process, language, and model for building leadership across all levels of an organization. The new learning design, The SLII Experience™, uses game-changing techniques that immerse learners in SLII quickly, deeply, and effectively. The outcome is that learners get up-to-speed and start using SLII faster than ever before. To learn more, click on these info sheets: SLII®-Experience and SL II®
“Situational Leadership II is successful because it’s something every manager should already be doing in order to get the most out of their reports. It teaches a manager to be a leader not a robot. I can’t think there could be anyone better to teach it to your team than Sarah!” – Sales Director, King Arthur Flour
“I have taken a handful of other leadership development courses and this is, by far, the best. The Situational Leadership II model that is taught is easy to understand and follow. Its intuitive and promotes a partnership between the leader and the employee.” – Senior Leader, Adimab, LLC
*As an approved Channel Partner within the Blanchard Partner Network, Sarah A. Scala Consulting is licensed to market, sell, and train Situational Leadership® II and Situational Leadership® II Experience.
The use of assessment tools provide data for both team and leadership development. We provide an experiential approach to putting new learning into action. The use of a strong follow-up process makes the learning stick for our clients.
Which tool? When trying to build awareness, leaders often wonder which tool will work best. Contact Us to discuss your goals, and we will help you choose the right assessment for your needs.
- Emotional Intelligence Assessment – This assessment builds awareness of one’s ability to perceive, control and evaluate emotions through use of the MSCEIT® (Mayer Salovey Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test).
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator MBTI® – This assessment has helped millions of people worldwide gain insights about themselves and how they interact with others — and improve how they communicate, learn, and work.
- Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation™ (FIRO®) – This instrument helps people understand their interpersonal needs and how those needs influence their communication style and behavior—and in the process improve their personal relationships and professional performance.
- Leadership Report Using the FIRO-B® and MBTI® Instruments – The FIRO-B and MBTI instruments both tap into key aspects of personality and behavior in areas such as communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal relations. Used together, they provide rich information in an ongoing leadership development program.
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) – The TKI assesses an individual’s typical behavior in conflict situations and describes it along two dimensions: assertiveness and cooperativeness.
“The FIRO-B™ assessment tool was incorporated into our program helping each of us increase our awareness of how our actions shape the relationships we have with others as well as our own individual effectiveness. Overall, this experience was very powerful for our group and will continue to be part of our 18-month leadership development program for years to come.” – Director of Learning & Development, Insurance Industry
“Our Foundational Leadership program was an incredible experience! Sarah Scala energized everyone with inclusive activities that were thought-provoking and challenging, yet high-risk avoidant. Individuals felt comfortable sharing and working together on creative and unique activities, designed specifically around our company’s leadership competencies.” – Former Client, Insurance Industry
“Sarah provided an excellent leadership skills training for CCIAOR and it was one of the highlight’s of our CCIAOR Leadership Academy.” – Ryan Castle, CEO, Cape Cod & Islands Assoc. of Realtors